SIGN THE PLEDGE TO PROTECT WOMEN & CHILDREN FROM LATE-TERM ABORTION
DON’T LISTEN TO THE RHETORIC,
GET THE FACTS
LATE-TERM ABORTION IN
NEW MEXICO DOES NOT PROTECT
- Abortion is legal for any reason through all nine months of pregnancy in New Mexico until the day of birth.
- Albuquerque is home to the largest late-term abortion facility in the country and is considered the late-term abortion capital of the nation.
- Out-of-state doctors travel to our city each week to target the lack of common sense laws and regulations on abortion in New Mexico and profit from the lucrative and dangerous late-term abortion industry.
- Abortion clinics that perform surgical abortion, including dangerous late-term abortion are not classified as ambulatory surgical centers.
- The New Mexico Department of Health has no oversight over abortion clinics in New Mexico–making abortion clinics less safe and accountable than nail salons.
Read More about "Late-term abortion ban to get special election"
AN IMPORTANT NOTE FROM NEW MEXICO STATE REPRESENTATIVE, YVETTE HERRELL
Dear Friends of
Protect ABQ Women & Children,
My name is Yvette Herrell, and as a New Mexico State Representative, I applaud the work of the local, grassroots-led effort, Protect ABQ Women & Children, to ban late-term abortions in Albuquerque.Sadly, New Mexico is one of the few states that allow for abortions for any reason until the day of birth because it is difficult to pass common-sense restrictions through state legislative committees. Year after year, measures to protect the health and safety of women and children fail because of a handful of legislators who block those measures from getting to a full vote in the House or Senate. It is for this reason that nail salons have more oversight than abortion facilities in New Mexico.The abortion industry lobby has a stronghold in our state. Those that do not want this ban to pass, are not telling the truth about protecting women’s health — as it is much more dangerous for a mother to have a late-term abortion than to give birth. That’s why we must work even harder to reach every voter in Albuquerque and get them out to vote for the "Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Ordinance." This is a history-making vote that you can be an important part of. I am asking on behalf of Protect ABQ Women & Children for any donations that you are able to make to help pass the 20-week abortion ban that will ban abortion halfway through pregnancy and beyond. Early In-Person and Absentee voting begins on October 21. That means we only have a few days to get the message out to ban this horrific and dangerous practice in Albuquerque. Your contribution of $15, $35 or $50 can go a long way in helping to protect our women and children — and put a stop to the thriving late-term abortion industry in Albuquerque — which is home to the largest late-term abortion facility in the country. Thank you for your assistance, we look forward to a victory with your help. Again we are asking for any amount that you can help with. Please donate here, now. Thank you for your generosity and support.
Representative Yvette Herrell New Mexico House of Representatives